It's easy to see why the 870G Motor Grader has become an industry favorite. Visibility is clearly unsurpassed, with a large expanse of floor-to-ceiling tinted glass, narrow front console, and streamlined saddle arms giving way to a commanding view of the work at hand. What's more, the spacious walk-through cab's many amenities provide all of the fatigue-beating comfort and quiet an operator could ever want. So you can count on the kind of productivity you need.
• Final Tier 4-certified engine.
• All models come equipped with steering wheel (GPs also come with lever steer).
• Standard hydraulically driven cool-on-demand reversing fan.
• Trouble-free serviceability.
• John Deere PowerTech FT4/Stage IV diesel engines meet stringent emission regulations without sacrificing power or torque. Plus, they deliver even better total fluid efficiency than the IT4/Stage IIIB engines they replace.
• Ash-service intervals for the diesel particulate filter (DPF) are condition based and may not be necessary until the first engine overhaul. Machine application, regular maintenance practices, and type of lubrication oil impact intervals.
• Exhaust filter operation and maintenance status are indicated with on-screen displays.
• Large service doors open wide, and same-side daily checkpoints are conveniently grouped for easy ground-level access. Standard left-side (and optional right-side) compartment lights illuminate the way.
• Available quick fluid-service ports help speed servicing to increase uptime. 500-hour engine oil/filter; 2,000-hour transmission, hydraulic, and axle filters; 2,000-hour transmission and axle oil-service, 4,000-hour hydraulic and tandem oil-service and 6,000-hour engine coolant service intervals minimize maintenance.
• Ground-level fuel and nearby diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) fill access help speed servicing for more uptime. There's also a fast-fuel option available.
• Maintenance personnel will appreciate the unique easy-access hydraulic, transmission, and differential filter bank.
• Most zerks are grouped in banks for quick and easy greasing. Conveniently displayed periodic lube and maintenance chart helps ensure that nothing's overlooked.
• Exclusive ball-and-socket draft-frame pivot and seven-position saddle provide best-in-class blade setup and improved ditch cutting, ditch cleaning, and reach outside the tires.
• Long-term durability is bolstered by larger-than-usual articulation joint roller bearings.
• Narrow center console and streamlined saddle bring the blade and front tires within focus. Even the area beneath the front axle is clearly visible, so you can see oncoming obstacles. On GP models (shown), control linkages are eliminated and large lower front windows further enhance visibility.
• NeverGrease™ is the word for significant savings in operating costs. These no-maintenance pin joints eliminate numerous zerks and the attention they demand.
• High-strength circle and draft frame withstand high-impact loads. Available blade-impact system further protects structural components from damage caused by run-ins with obstructions.
• Purpose-built PowerShift™ transmission employs durable heavy-duty clutches and bearings, for reliable performance, shift after shift.
• With five true working speeds below 16 km/h (10 mph) and a top speed of 45 km/h (28 mph), it’s easy to match ground speed to the work. Autoshift option automatically shifts gears four through eight, for even easier operation.
• Automatic differential lock stays engaged when travelling straight, disengages in turns exceeding 10 degrees, and re-engages when returning to straight. Although fully automatic, this feature can be overridden by the operator via toggle switch.
• Our exclusive Event-Based Shifting (EBS) transmission delivers smooth-as-silk gear and direction changes, for exceptional control and grading precision without extra effort.
• Exclusive cooling package eliminates stacked coolers. Pivoting coolers together with the hinged swing-out fan, access to the cores is quick and cleaning is easy.
• Cool-on-demand hydraulic fan runs only as rapidly as needed, reducing fuel consumption and bystander noise levels.
• Generous throat clearance between the top of the blade and bottom of the circle provides smooth material flow across the blade. Plenty of blade clearance makes it easy to navigate over obstacles, too.
• Choose from front scarifier, mid-mount scarifier, or rear scarifier/ripper. There's also a front-lift option that simplifies adding a bulldozer blade or V-plow.
• Two-hour replaceable super-tough draft frame and circle wear inserts minimize maintenance labor.
• Jackscrew-adjusted side-shift wear inserts keep the moldboard tight and precise. Takes only minutes to return tolerances to factory spec.