You don't have to sacrifice powerful digging forces to get parallel lift. The 644K Powerllel™ delivers the best of both, so you can have your loader and forklift, too. Unlike traditional tool-carrier linkages, our innovative design allows load forces to work with, not against, the boom, for big breakout force, even in difficult digging. Impressive torque throughout the entire dump and rollback range enables the 644K to excel at a wide variety of material-handling tasks.
- Final Tier 4 emission-certified engine
- PowerShift™ transmission
- Z-Bar, High-Lift, and Powerllel™ configurations
- Fluid-efficient John Deere PowerTech™ EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV diesels provide generous displacement, power, and lugging ability.
- PowerTech diesels maintain impressive torque reserves for great boom and bucket speeds in and out of the pile, delivering heaped loads — even in wet- or hard-packed material.
- Ash-service intervals for the diesel particulate filter (DPF) are condition based, so changing it may not be necessary until the first engine overhaul. Intervals can be extended further depending on application, regular maintenance practices, and the use of recommended fluids and lubricants.
- Auto-idle automatically reduces engine speed to help conserve fuel after an operator-determined period of inactivity. Auto shutdown turns off the engine after extended inactivity.
- Wet-sleeve engine liners provide uniform engine cooling for less oil breakdown and longer durability than cast-in-block designs.
- Excavator-style hydraulics sense the load to better deliver the flow needed for combined functions and fast work cycles.
- Color-coded fluid-sample and diagnostic test ports help speed preventive maintenance and troubleshooting. Noninvasive design helps keep out contaminants.
- The in-tank filter with large element traps that hold contamination allow for cleaner oil, a cleaner hydraulic system, and less maintenance. Service intervals are extended to 4,000 hours.
- Quad-Cool places the radiator, air conditioner, condenser, intercooler; and hydraulic, transmission, and standard axle coolers in a unique boxed configuration that's isolated from engine heat. Expect increased efficiency and durability. Three-mm side-shield perforations block most airborne debris. Unlike stacked coolers, Quad-Cool cores resist plugging and are easily accessible from either side for quick and easy cleanout.
- The hydraulically driven fan runs only as needed for efficient cooling. Helps conserve fuel, too.
- Optional programmable fan automatically reverses at predetermined intervals, ejecting debris from the radiator and cooler cores. Or choose your own cleaning cycles through the monitor.
-Standard five-speed transmission with lockup torque converter for gears 2–5 increases acceleration, speeds cycles, and optimizes power and fuel efficiency during transport, roading, and ramp climbing.
- Joystick F-N-R selector provides convenient direction and full-range gear changes, and includes an innovative Quick-Shift feature for pushbutton gear changes.
- Auto-actuation travel speed is adjustable from 1.5 to 24.0 kph (1.0 to 15.0 mph).With ride control, lift cylinders act as shock absorbers, cushioning bumps to allow navigation over rough ground quickly without losing material.
- Optional wheel-spin control boosts productivity by improving traction in troublesome underfoot conditions, reducing tire wear, fuel costs, and operator fatigue.
- Automatic differential lock engages as soon as a tire begins to slip. It's ideal for inexperienced operators or applications requiring high traction, such as stockpiling silage, plowing snow, and handling pipe.
- Inboard planetary final drives and self-adjusting wet-disc brakes are virtually maintenance-free.
Serviceability and Uptime:
- Vertical spin-on filters allow quick, no-spill changes. Extended 500-, 2,000-, and 4,000-hour engine, transmission, and hydraulic oil-service intervals help reduce operating costs.
- Ground-level fuel and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) fill access help speed servicing for more uptime. There's also an available fast-fuel option.
- Conveniently located, easy-to-read sight gauges and see-through reservoirs let you check transmission, hydraulic, coolant, and windshield washer fluid levels at a glance.
- Lockable compartment swings open wide, offering convenient ground-level access to remote-start battery terminals and the electrical-disconnect switch.