Our machines are as impressive on the inside as they are on the outside. Designed by loggers for loggers, the cab of this powerhouse is comfortable, well appointed, and efficiently arranged for maximum productivity. Loggers will appreciate the expansive sight line, with 44-percent more window area. Maximize productivity and reduce operator fatigue with the Rapid Cycle System.
• Engine power has increased significantly — by 25 percent — for superb multifunction performance.
• A variety of boom sets and harvester heads can be combined to optimize productivity across a wide range of conditions.
• Longer, wider undercarriage maximizes stability no matter the terrain.
• If you’re working in really big timber or on hills, standard high-torque swing provides increased power, to boost productivity.
• Rapid Cycle System (RCS) now standard, uses a single, easy-to-operate joystick to quickly and simply control all boom functions.
• Optional closed-loop hydrostatic drive boosts multifunctioning even more, particularly on slopes and in rough terrain. Adjust priority between track drive and other hydraulic functions to match site conditions and your operator style or preference.
• Up to 45-percent more tractive effort increases capability for negotiating difficult or steep terrain, deep snow, and swamps.
• Rapid Cycle System (RCS) can be tailored to individual skill levels and specific harvesting conditions.
• Press a single button to engage RCS mode. Conditions don’t suit the fast, parallel motion of the boom? Turn RCS off with another touch of a button.
• Multiple RCS settings can be saved according to individual operator preferences. Novices may prefer a slower, more methodical pace, while highly skilled pros may want faster response.
• Improved stability and increased engine horsepower help you make quick work of the woods in all conditions.
• Fully adjustable armrests, including mounted keypads, provide fingertip control of all machine functions. Fully adjustable air-cushioned seat provides exceptional daylong comfort in the climate-controlled cab.
• Floor-to-ceiling front window offers 44-percent-more window area, providing an outstanding view to the cutting area.
• Field-proven boom design is transplanted from our larger 900M- and 900MH-Series models. All booms are stronger and more robust, with thicker plates and larger pins and bushings to ensure long life.
• Fuel-tank capacity has been increased by over 50 percent (to 230 versus 154 gal. on comparably sized machines) to extend intervals between fill-ups, allowing you to run up to 24 hours without refueling.
• Optional undercarriage-mounted toolbox provides convenient storage for tools, additional saw bars, and other spare parts, minimizing trips back to the service truck.
• Through-nose harvester head plumbing option routes hoses up and out of harm’s way to extend hose life, increasing uptime and reducing operating costs.
• Sealed touchpad keeps out dust, moisture, and debris, minimizing wear. Proven marine-grade control center eliminates rocker switches, numerous wires, and unsealed connections, and lasts up to 10 times longer than standard dash switches.
MAINTENANCE/LOW DAILY OPERATING COSTS
• Easy access to service components helps ensure daily checks and preventative maintenance get done on schedule, minimizing costly repairs down the road.
• Reversing fan automatically reverses airflow to eject debris from the cooler cores, conserving power and fuel. Variable-speed fan runs only as fast as needed, or if conditions demand more frequent cleaning, simply press a button to actuate the reversing cycle.
• 800M- and 800MH-Series machines share many common components — including the engine, undercarriage, booms, and cab — with their 900M- and 900MH-Series counterparts, simplifying maintenance and repairs when needed.
JOHN DEERE FORESTSIGHT
• John Deere ForestSight turns data into solutions to optimize machines, uptime, and your jobsite. Benefit from improved profitability with John Deere ForestSight.
• JDLink™ Machine Monitoring System - From the fleet-management fundamentals of knowing the hours and location of all brands, to sending machine-health alerts and tracking machine production on Deere machines, JDLink can help you centrally, smartly manage your entire fleet and grow your business.
• Machine Health Prognostics - John Deere ForestSight's machine-health prognostics evaluate machine data and "think through"; maintenance protocols before prescribing downtime cures that will keep your fleet — and your bottom line — healthy.
• Remote Diagnostics and Programming - Your Deere dealer can help you reduce downtime by accessing and resetting diagnostic trouble codes and recording performance readings remotely.