The 1170E represents a new size class for harvesters and benefits from a purpose built boom, transmission and harvesting head, solely designed to meet the application of this unit.
High tractive effort through the new 24.5-inch tires, impressive lifting forces from the CH6 boom and unrivalled aggression from the H414 harvesting head make the 1170E the perfect choice for thinning and early regeneration harvesting operations. Intelligence comes from the Timbermatic control system while the automatic rotating and levelling operator's station ensures your operators remain productive and comfortable throughout the working day.
• Purpose-built CH6 boom for impressive lifting force
• Power and precision with a choice of harvester heads
• Intelligent control
• Comfortable operator environment
• Superior tractive force-to-weight ratios combined with tight turning radiuses and high ground clearances make them easy to maneuver in difficult terrain.
• The high lifting and slewing torque of the booms give the E-Series Harvesters the agility needed for late-thinning and final-felling operations.
• Six-wheeled 1170E Harvester is agile and productive, especially for early and late thinning.
• Balanced portal bogie axles deliver excellent tractive effort in all terrain, lower ground pressure, and high ground clearance.
• TimberMatic ensures high productivity and easy operation by allowing operators to fine-tune all machine and harvester-head settings to personal preferences. Shortcut keys make it easy to make measuring, bucking, and basic machine adjustments.
• Control system panels on the optional configurable user interface store and display the functions and adjustments set by each operator so no time is lost getting back up to speed.
• The hydraulic oil tank filter provides a cleaner hydraulic system and longer system life.
• The more efficient K170 and L90 valve combination is located in front of the cabin. It is better protected from damage, and it provides improved service access.
• Easy access to all main hydraulic oil pressure diagnostic ports.
• The superior boom designs on E-Series Harvesters deliver smoother, more accurate control. Impressive lifting and slewing torques allow the boom to lift and swing larger loads with ease.
• The standard, user-friendly TimberMatic H-12 control system combined with fine-tuned hydraulics provides more precise and quicker boom movements for greater productivity.
• The CH6 parallel harvester boom on the 1170E combines easy handling with enormous slew power ratings. Combine with the H414 harvester head for all-around utility from late thinning to regeneration harvesting.
• The reliable 180S boom on the 1070E is known for its easy-to-handle geometry.
• John Deere harvester heads combine timber-cutting power with excellent delimbing quality to the smallest diameter range.
• H400-Series harvester heads allow delimbing customized to specific tree species and harvesting applications.
• With its four-wheel-drive feed and six-knife design, the H414 harvester head, designed for the 1170E, is excellent for late-thinning and final-felling operations.
• Designed for the 1070E, H412 harvester heads are perfect for thinning and small timber. This compact, yet extremely durable head features superior power-to-weight ratio, slip-free four-wheel feeding, and excellent delimbing quality.
• Equip your harvester head with the optional multi-tree-handling device and raise productivity to even higher levels — especially in early thinnings with energy wood collection.
• Four feed motors/rollers and saw harvester heads feature automatic chain lubrication and tensioning for long life.
• TimberMatic constantly monitors performance and machine health so you can increase productivity and uptime, while minimizing fuel expenses and other daily operating costs.
• If something goes wrong, the easy-to-navigate monitor displays fault codes and diagnostics to help speed troubleshooting. It also issues an audible warning if immediate shutdown is necessary.
• Exclusive TimberLink system constantly monitors machine performance, providing information on fuel consumption, productivity, and time management for all stages of the harvesting process.
• Economy mode helps conserve fuel and reduce noise by optimizing engine rpm.