Our knuckleboom loaders are already some of the most rugged machines in the forest. And the new John Deere 437E Knuckleboom Loader is no exception. Updated and enhanced to deliver maximum uptime and low daily operating costs, the 437E is one of the most powerful, reliable, and efficient machines you'll find – in any neck of the woods.
- Final Tier 4 Diesel Engine
- Increased boom lift force
- More swing torque
- Easier access to hydraulic components
- The 6068 HTJ57, 6-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine provides all the power you need to keep loading, day after day.
- These heavy-duty machines give you powerful performance and unmatched fuel efficiency — no matter what forest conditions you're working in.
- The E-Series models boast fast boom and swing speeds, as well as streamlined hydraulics. A dedicated swing circuit gives you continuous power for more productive delimbing and loading.
Cab and Monitor:
- The strategically designed cab, with an optional sun shade above the rear window, gives you the utmost visibility, comfort, and the features you need for maximized operator efficiency, whether you're working the instrumentation, reaching for your cooler, or adjusting the air conditioner.
- Keep your work area clearly in sight through an extended glass panel for improved left-hand side visibility, adjustable work lights, a low-level air duct for improved defrost, and positive pressure within the cab to help keep dust out. An optional rear shade screen helps maximize console visibility as well.
- The larger door opening, a door with greater clearance, and the relocated opening latch make getting in and out of this cab a cinch. Once inside, you can simply pull the full-width closing bar from your seat.
- The narrow console is securely mounted to the side wall and features a pilot-enable switch. Improved rocker switches and dual 12-volt power points round out the improvements.
- Located above and in front of the operator, the standard display monitor keeps tabs of machine operation (fuel economy, etc.) and provides engine diagnostic information (fuel, oil, and coolant status).
- Strong swing-bearing parts and a heavy-duty swing-bearing arrangement minimize wear and tear.
- Application-specific boom design ensures greater reliability.
- The combination of load-sensing hydraulics for reduced fuel consumption, and a large fuel tank, keeps your loader running longer between fill-ups.
- Reliable John Deere cylinders for hoist, jib, and all stabilizers.
- A beefed up (as in more steel) pinion and deeper, taller gear teeth reduce the torque load on each tooth, delivering performance and reliability. There’s also an upsized swing-drive motor.
- John Deere quality control has been integrated into every step of the D-Series Loader manufacturing and assembly process.
Maintenance/Low Daily Operating Costs:
- You may save thousands a year in fuel costs alone by running the 437E instead of its main competitors. (Actual savings depend on the price of fuel.)
- An improved front grate latch and quick, deck-level access to service points, including easy air conditioner filter access and grease fittings adjacent to the cab doorway, speed daily maintenance for more time on the job.
- The boom cylinder-hose bulkhead is located at the boom base, creating shorter hoses that are easier to change.
- The 437E load-sense system features two-pump variable displacement with dedicated swing pump for significant reduction in fuel consumption.
- Auto-idle saves fuel by automatically reducing the engine speed to idle if no hydraulic functions are being used.
- The lower platform design gives you easy accessibility to the bearing bolts and hydraulic manifold.
- You'll find the hydraulic tank oil-level gauge under the hood for easier access.
- The E-Series Loaders feature superior hydraulic manifold mounting, retention, and hydraulic hose access from both the upper and lower frame.
- A clean and level lower deck offers a great work platform for service.
- Hinged panel doors allow quick access to all daily engine service points.
- All daily service checkpoints are easily accessible.
Power Type: Diesel, Truck or Trailer Mounted, Operating Weight: 33,625