You need a machine that works as long and hard as you do. The 643L Wheeled Feller Buncher features a simplified electrical system, automatic turbo cool down, and tougher pins, bushings, and hydraulic cylinders for longer life. The 643L is designed to keep you up and running while boosting your bottom line.
• Features a high-performance EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV 6.8L PowerTech™ PSS diesel engine.
• Increased horsepower and machine stability.
• Redesigned engine and equipment frame structures.
• Wide-open access to cooling package.
• The cab is 25-percent roomier and 50-percent quieter.
• More features like Quick Dump for the disk saw felling head.
• John Deere forestry technology solutions are there to help you, Ultimate Uptime, ForestSight™, and optional TimberNavi™.
• Our FT4/Stage IV diesel engines meet emission regulations without sacrificing power or torque. We built on our EPA Interim Tier 4 (IT4)/EU Stage IIIB solution to deliver the best combination of performance, efficiency, and reliability. These technologies are simple and fluid efficient.
• John Deere FT4 engines maintain engine performance while minimizing total fluid consumption — diesel fuel plus diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). The exceptionally low DEF consumption rate reduces the need for DEF by four to six times compared to some other FT4 systems.
• During normal operating conditions, the engine's natural heat breaks down trapped particulate matter and cleans the exhaust filter (DPF) without impacting machine operation. Ash-service intervals for the diesel particulate filter are condition based, meaning the machine will notify the operator before service is required. Typically, ash service is not necessary until the first engine overhaul. Machine application, regular maintenance practices, and type of lubricating oil impact ash-service intervals.
• L-Series machines boast significantly more horsepower for superb responsiveness. Unsurpassed power-to-weight ratio ensures steady multifunction performance in wet or hilly conditions.
• Optimal weight distribution and longer wheelbase improve balance, for better stability when climbing hills and controlling trees. The 643L's wheelbase is 229-mm (9 in.) longer than their previous model.
• New one-button Quick Dump function. Simply press a button to open both accumulating and grab arms simultaneously, releasing trees from the pocket. Head-tilt and arm functions are combined into a single, smooth motion, minimizing fatigue while improving productivity.
• Six high-intensity halogen driving lights are standard when you need to extend your workday beyond daylight. For additional illumination, opt for a working-light or LED package.
• Multiple operators can adjust control settings to their individual preferences and save favorite configurations, reducing reprogramming time and helping keep operators productive and on the job.
• The spacious, comfortable cab is 25-percent larger, with half the noise. And 21-percent- more front window area dramatically improves visibility.
• By adjusting the power to the felling head and drive motors, the operator can optimize multifunction performance to suit the application and operating conditions.
• Smooth, one-of-a-kind electrohydraulic (EH)- enabled controls allow operators to configure joystick buttons to their own individualized preference.
• Optional joystick and foot controls deliver smooth, low-effort control to help reduce operator fatigue over long shifts.
• The ability to tailor machine controls to the operator creates a customized environment, improving comfort and boosting productivity.
• HVAC has been totally redesigned for better operator comfort and is electronically controlled.
• Durable heavy-duty axles help deliver stability and hill-climbing power under the toughest forest conditions.
• Pins and bushings on the booms and masthead are more robust, for longer life. Straight bushings are more reliable and easier to replace.
• Larger lift and tilt hydraulic cylinders feature heavy-duty wiper seals to keep out water, dust, and debris.
• Automatic turbo cool-down extends idle time for a predetermined interval at shutdown when the engine is hot, to help maximize component life.
• Sealed-switch module (SSM) consolidates many switches in one location, eliminating numerous unsealed connections and mechanical rocker switches, for maximum durability.
• Daily service checks, including fluid levels and greasing, are easier on an L-Series. Grouped service points also simplify daily maintenance. Fresh-air cab filter is quickly serviced from ground level. Plus large panels are easily removed for wide-open access to the engine compartment, and the cab tilts to provide quick access to other components.