Often imitated but never duplicated, the John Deere 450J Dozer continues to set the standard for operator control and productivity. Backed by 30-plus years of hydrostatic experience, its unique state-of-the-art Total Machine Control (TMC) enables an operator to customize machine operation and response to personal preferences. Coupled with an uncommonly smooth full-feature hydrostatic transmission, the 450J delivers unsurpassed productivity, uptime, and daily operating costs. That's for starters.
• Interim Tier 4 emission-certified engine.
• Fully modulated drivetrain.
• Optional Integrated Grade Control (IGC).
• Interim Tier 4 emission-certified engine with side-by-side coolers for engine charge air, engine coolant, transmission oil, and hydraulic oil. This results in maximum airflow efficiency and increased reliability.
• Deep-sump oil-pan design with 500-hour oil-drain interval results in less time spent on maintenance and more time getting the job done.
• To keep you on the worksite and out of the repair shop, John Deere crawler dozers utilize wet-sleeve cylinder liners to provide uniform cooling and longer durability than the cast-in-block designs many competitors use.
• The serpentine belt never needs adjusting, and is one more factor in keeping this machine in the dirt and out of the shop.
• Separate, completely sealed hydraulic and hydrostatic systems with common fluid and filter codes eliminate the possibility of cross-contamination, leaving you with fewer maintenance issues to worry about.
• Ergonomic T-bar hydraulic control precisely meters flow for a natural "feel" and provides advanced optimum blade control that will enhance any operator's grading skills. Blade response is powerful and quick.
• Accessible, clean-hose routing and Cordura® sleeve protection for cylinder lines to guard against accidental damage on the jobsite.
• With optional Integrated Grade Control (IGC), your dozer arrives from the factory "plug-and-play" ready. Its open-architecture design lets you employ the electronic grade-control technology provider that's right for you. Once installed you will have the power of either GPS or laser-leveling technology to automatically control hydraulic-grading functions.
• Large hexagonal cab-forward design with best-in-class visibility helps keep John Deere crawler dozers ahead of the competition.
• Optional deluxe-suspension armchair to keep you or your operator productive and comfortable during a long day on the site.
• 24,000-Btu air conditioning standard with cab. 30,000-Btu under-seat heater and 12-volt power port help to keep your operator comfortable and productive in any condition.
• The radio is provided as standard equipment in all J-Series models.
EASE OF CONTROL
• State-of-the-art, low-effort, single-lever speed-in-grip steering controls command the hydrostatic drivetrain, which features power management, infinite speed control, automatic load sensing, dynamic braking, full power-turn, and counter-rotation capabilities.
• Operator-favorite adjustable ground-speed ranges, steering modulation, FNR shift rate, and forward/reverse speed ratios for unsurpassed control and productivity.
• Decelerator-selection option allows your operator to fine-tune the travel speed of the crawler by selecting both travel speed and engine rpm, or just travel speed, to help maintain traction without affecting engine power and hydraulic response for unparalleled low-effort toe-tip control.
• The power-management system allows the operator to concentrate on controlling the blade rather than controlling the transmission. The operator simply chooses the maximum speed at which he or she is comfortable operating, and the power-management system automatically shifts and controls machine speed depending on load and grade.
EASE OF SERVICE
• Remote lube banks provide easy access to C-frame pivots, while a convenient lube chart ensures nothing gets overlooked.
• Extended service intervals and daily service are completed through lockable service doors. In addition, a single oil type is used for the engine, the hydraulics, and the transmission to make servicing quick and easy.
• Remote drive-system test ports help speed troubleshooting for increased uptime and productivity.
• Conveniently located easy-to-read sight gauges for checking fluid levels and spin-on no-spill vertical filters for ease of service in the field and at the shop.
POWER ANGLE TILT BLADE
• To do the job right, easily adjust blade-pitch angle with a single wrench to get the most productivity.
• The heavy-duty ball-and-socket joint, horizontally designed to resist material buildup for long-term grading precision, is built with unmatched strength and durability in mind.
• Closed-cell blade design and robot-welded, fabricated, box-section C-frame optimizes strength and durability to get the job done.