Compact, yet highly capable, the 17G Compact Excavator do-it-all stands tall on a wide range of jobsites. In fact, it may well be the difference maker you need to put more opportunities within reach, and more profit in your pocket. Its retractable undercarriage and foldable blade narrow to just 0.98 m (3 ft. 3 in.), letting you take hydraulic muscle to places that might otherwise require manual labor. Noticeably quiet EPA Final Tier 4/EU Stage IV diesel engine meets rigid emission standards, so you can put it to work almost any place, any time. For tasks that demand something other than a bucket, your John Deere dealer offers a wide variety of Worksite Pro™ breakers, augers, and numerous other attachments — smart additions that can help expand your equipment utilization, as well as your business.
- Meets EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV engine standards without an aftertreatment system, delivering a seamless operator experience with no machine-performance interruptions.
- New low-effort pilot-control levers provide smooth, predictable fingertip operation.
- Variable-width undercarriage, reduced-tail-swing design, and independent swing boom allow the 17G to navigate narrow openings and work in tight quarters with ease.
- New service door enables easy access to the side-by-side cooler cores, coolant overflow reservoir, and battery.
- Equipped with standard backfill blade, pattern changer, auxiliary hydraulics, and mechanical quick-coupler, the 17G is extremely versatile, allowing you to get the job done more efficiently and improving your bottom line.
- High-torque fuel-efficient diesels meet EPA Final Tier 4/EU Stage IV emission standards without after treatment devices — reducing maintenance and expense.
- Heavy-duty side-by-side coolers enhance efficiency in high-ambient or -altitude working conditions.
- New display shows engine hours and fuel level.
- The ergonomically designed operator station won’t cramp your legs, or your style. Seat and controls are optimally positioned to accommodate even larger operators.
- Nearly unobstructed visibility provides a commanding view of the surrounding jobsite.
Ease of Control:
- Go from backhoe- to excavator-style controls with just a twist of your wrist. Control pattern selector valve is conveniently located in a compartment beneath the seat and includes a sight glass that displays the selected pattern.
- Low-effort pilot controls deliver exceptionally smooth, combined-function performance. So even unfamiliar operators become proficient more quickly.
Ease of Service:
- Side-by-side coolers resist trash buildup and allow easier core cleanout. Access is quick and convenient.
- No tools are needed to access daily or periodic checkpoints. Hinged steel doors swing open wide, for quick and easy service.
- Hydraulic-fluid sight gauge and see-through engine-coolant reservoir allow quick checks at a glance.
- Spin-on filters make fluid changes quicker and cleaner. 2,000-hour hydraulic-oil and 250-hour engine-oil intervals increase uptime and decrease expense.
- A simple grease gun and a wrench are all it takes to quickly maintain proper track tension.
Specifications are based on published information at the time of publication. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices are in dollars and only applicable to products sold in the United States.In all cases, current published price lists and incentive program bulletins will take precedence. All trademarked terms, including John Deere, the leaping deer symbol and the colors green and yellow used herein are the property of Deere & Company,unless otherwise noted.