Looking to get more out of your “mini ex”? Make your next compact excavator one of our G-Series. Inspired by input from equipment owners and operators like you, this 50G Compact Excavator is loaded with customer-driven enhancements. Such as a more spacious cab with a wider entryway. Larger expanse of glass for unsurpassed visibility. Fuel-saving auto-shutdown and power/economy work modes. Ultra-reliable Final Tier 4 (FT4)/Stage IV engines. Plus three large service doors that allow wide-open access to maintenance items such as the side-by-side coolers for simplified core clean-out. Get a G-Series and get the same power, productivity, reliability, and comfort you’ve come to expect from our compacts — in an even more operator-friendly package.
- Meets EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV engine standards.
- Multifunction monitor displays vital machine info.
- Larger front windshield provides even better visibility.
- Additional service door provides easy access.
- The EPA FT4/EU Stage IV technology in our excavators is simple, fuel efficient, fully integrated, and fully supported.
- It employs field-proven cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) for reducing NOX, and a diesel particulate filter and diesel oxidation catalyst to reduce particulate matter.
- Auto-idle automatically reduces engine speed when hydraulics aren’t in use. Auto-shutdown further preserves every precious drop of fuel.
- Large diesels deliver impressive torque for more pull-through power when the going gets tough.
- Power/economy work modes allow you to match engine speed to the application. Select power mode and get the higher engine speeds needed for most general digging work. For lighter digging demands, economy mode reduces engine speed and noise, while improving fuel efficiency
- Return-flow selector valve accommodates both one- and two-way hydraulic-driven attachments. Make changes with just a twist of the wrist.
- O-ring face-seal hydraulic fittings virtually eliminate aggravating and costly oil leaks.
- Spacious operator stations have wide entryways, making entrance and exit easier than ever. Flat, skid-resistant floor mat removes easily for clean-out. Convenient 12-volt port powers cell phones and other electronic devices. There’s also a large cup holder and seatback compartment for documents.
- Redesigned cab’s 50-mm (2 in.) wider, 150-mm (6 in.) taller front glass and single-hinge door provide unsurpassed all-around visibility. Virtually unrestricted visibility, precise feel, and smooth control make our compacts ideal for excavating around existing utilities.
- After-treatment device, plus isochronous high-idle speed, helps keep things noticeably quiet. Rubber cab mounts further isolate the operator from noise and vibration to help reduce fatigue.
- Automatic, high-velocity bi-level climate-control system with auto-motive-style adjustable louvers helps keep the glass clear and the cab comfortable.
Ease of Control:
- Go from backhoe- to excavator-style controls with just a twist of your wrist. Control-pattern selector valve is conveniently located in a compartment beneath the seat.
- Ergonomic short-throw pilot-control levers provide smooth, predictable low-effort fingertip operation.
- Swing boom and foldable travel pedals are positioned where they’re easy to operate, yet allow plenty of foot room.
- No operator activation required for high-speed travel. Track speeds automatically slow to low whenever the travel motors encounter a heavier load. Includes a console-mounted, low-speed lock switch.
Ease of Service:
- Hinged door provides wide-open access to the side-by-side oil cooler and radiator for easier core clean-out.
- Operator station tilts forward 50 degrees, simplifying access to the swing motor, hydraulic control valve, engine starter motor, and alternator.
- Routine checks such as engine oil level are quickly accomplished from ground level. Convenient lube/maintenance chart helps ensure that nothing gets overlooked.
- Hydraulic fluid sight gauge and see-through coolant reservoir let you quickly check levels at a glance.
- A simple grease gun and a wrench are all it takes to quickly maintain proper track tension.
- Vertical spin-on filters allow quick and clean changes. Extended engine and hydraulic oil-change intervals let you work longer.
Specifications are based on published information at the time of publication. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices are in dollars and only applicable to products sold in the United States.In all cases, current published price lists and incentive program bulletins will take precedence. All trademarked terms, including John Deere, the leaping deer symbol and the colors green and yellow used herein are the property of Deere & Company,unless otherwise noted.