What’s the big idea behind our biggest ADTs?
Need maximum productivity for a mining, quarry, or aggregate application? Then let us introduce you to our biggest ADT — the 460E. Boasting bigger dump bodies and even faster cycle times, it delivers big-time productivity. Exclusive features such as remote park-brake release, rollover protection, ground-level service, and auto horn help keep operators out of harm’s way. The quieter Deere-designed cab is sealed and pressurized to keep out dust and noise. The 460E employs a heavy-duty fabricated frame and high-alloy steel dump body, ensuring best-in-class payload-to-weight ratios. It also comes loaded with an EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV John Deere Power Tech diesel engine.
• New operator station features best-in-class operator noise levels along with ergonomic controls for maximum operator comfort and productivity.
• All-new mirror mounting increases visibility, reduces vibration, and provides walk-through access to the engine compartment.
• Redesigned onboard weighing system is factory calibrated for increased accuracy and reliability.
• Easy-to-activate cab tilt doubles as a remote park-brake release.
• Industry-leading transmission retarding and braking performance keep the machine stable and in control down steep grades.
• Ground-level diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) tank access makes fills quick and easy. Fuel tank is also close at hand to simplify daily service.
• Rugged EPA FT4/EU Stage IV PowerTech diesel engines meet rigid emission regulations, enabling you to work, wherever there’s work — even in nonattainment areas. Our field-proven technology is simple, fluid efficient, fully integrated, and fully supported. It employs cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR), easy-to-maintain high-uptime exhaust filters, and selective catalytic reduction (SCR).
• Engine, hydraulic, transmission, and service-brake coolers employ a hydraulic-drive fan that runs only as fast or as often as necessary, helping conserve power and fuel. Reversible option back-blows cooler cores, minimizing manual cleanout.
• Optional onboard weighing system has been factory calibrated to two-percent accuracy when payload exceeds 50 percent. The system displays the payload on the monitor during loading, while transmitting real-time load and tonnage data via JDLink™, so you can monitor productivity from virtually anywhere.
• Inclinometer shows the slope of the truck on the monitor, so the incline can be properly matched to the gear listed on the conveniently located chart.
• When the operator’s foot comes off both the accelerator and the brake, the system uses the transmission retarder to maintain travel speed automatically — reducing service-brake wear and operator fatigue.
• Purpose-built transmission provides eight forward and four reverse gears to speed cycles and expand the working range across all jobsite conditions.
• Traction-boosting auto-diff lock engages and disengages as necessary, simplifying operation. Or it can be engaged on-the-fly while slipping.
• Among the many tire options, a wide-profile design provides superior flotation in soft ground conditions.
• Front and rear worklights help extend the workday when necessary. Optional LED lights are mounted high to expand illumination.
• The E-Series’ quieter Deere-designed cab is sealed and pressurized to keep out dust and noise. The larger entryway allows easier entrance and exit. And the fully adjustable air-ride seat makes smooth sailing out of any terrain.
• Creature comforts include keyless start, low-effort push-button controls, air-suspension heated high-back seat, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, and optional premium radio with Bluetooth®, auxiliary input, and Satellite Radio™ capability.
• Offset heads-up monitor display mounted near operator hand controls reduces eye and neck fatigue
• Ergonomic operator control layout featuring dual SSM button pads with 25-percent less buttons. The right side pad is “functional” while the left side is “set and forget.”
• Exclusive adaptive-suspension system adjusts to the jobsite, smoothing out the ride and helping keep the cab more stable. Unlike the expensive options available on other trucks, ours is standard equipment.
• A Deere exclusive, daily service can be performed from ground level without needing to mount the machine and tie off, as required by Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA).
• Remote park-brake release allows the park brake to be safely disengaged without climbing under the machine, should towing be necessary.
• When enabled, the operator can set limits for the rear-chassis level when unloading. If the limit is exceeded, the dump body will not raise and a message will appear on the monitor instructing the operator to reposition the truck.