Why run two machines when one will do? Whether you're loading trucks, busting up blacktop, placing pipe, digging trenches, or moving materials, an L-Series Backhoe is more than up to the task. Building upon our highly productive K-Series, the L-Series features additional backhoe lift capability and pressure-compensated load-sensing (PCLS) hydraulics, for superb multifunction performance. The result: our most versatile backhoes ever.
- Final Tier 4-emission certified engine.
- Standard ride control
- Multifunction hydraulics
- PowerShift™ transmission
- Rugged FT4/Stage IV PowerTech Plus diesel engines meet rigid emission regulations, enabling you to work, wherever there's work – even in nonattainment areas.
- Field-proven technology is simple, fluid efficient, fully integrated, and fully supported. It employs cooled exhaust gas recirculation, easy-to-maintain high-uptime exhaust filter and selective catalytic reduction (SCR).
- Ride control, front loader hydraulic cylinders act as a shock absorber, smoothing travel over rough terrain.
- Standard limited-slip mechanical-front-wheel drive delivers superior traction in any ground condition. Engage momentary mechanical-front-wheel drive "on the fly" with the touch of a button on the new loader control.
- PowerShift transmission provides on-the-go clutchless gear changes for the operator.
- Enhanced "palm-on-top" loader-control grip is even more comfortable and easy to use. Control of clutch disconnect, transmission quick-shift, auxiliary proportional roller, and momentary mechanical-front-wheel drive is at your fingertips.
- Fingertip electrohydraulic (EH) control of redesigned pilot controls provides even easier operation of backhoe functions, including selective flow and the horn.
- LED lighting kit includes choice of LED spot-or floodlights.
- Exterior lights, wipers, and turn signals are now more conveniently located on the multifunction lever on the steering wheel column helping operators keep their eyes on the job at hand.
- Redesigned pilot towers provide more legroom and additional space for transitioning between loader and backhoe operation.
- Loaded with creature comforts, including efficient HVAC system, adjustable mechanical or air-suspension seat, and optional premium radio with Bluetooth® auxiliary input, and XM Satellite Radio™ capability.
- Exclusive John Deere WorkSight™ suite of telematics solutions includes JDLink™ Ultimate with real-time machine monitoring and remote diagnostics to help increase uptime while lowering operating costs.
- Vertical spin-on engine, transmission, and hydraulic filters and quick-release fuel filters allow fast, clean changes. Standard heavy-duty transmission oil filter increases reliability.
- Reinforced multipurpose bucket has thicker plates and stronger cylinder mountings
- Differential-lock protection prevents engagement at high travel speeds
- Standard maintenance-free batteries reduce periodic servicing, improve cold-starting reliability, and lengthen battery life.
- Factory-filled with Hydrau premium all-season, anti-wear hydraulic oil specifically designed for construction equipment. For cold weather, opt for Hydrau XR, which offers all-season protection from -40 to 40 deg. C (-40 to 104 deg. F).
- Customer-inspired new backhoe hydraulic quick-coupler option helps expand jobsite capabilities. When equipped, both front loader and rear backhoe couplers are conveniently controlled, based on seat position, by a single button on the sealed-switch module.