Got a material-handling application that demands extra agility and ability? There's a John Deere loader for that. Built on the highly reliable platform of its predecessors, the enhanced utility 444K Loader is loaded with even more customer-inspired productivity- and uptime-increasing features. Its EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV PowerTech™ diesel engine enables it to work, everywhere there's work, even in nonattainment areas. Plus, you'll continue to profit from unique advantages such as our one-of-a-kind Quad-Cool design for best-in-class service ease. And a solid-state electrical system with sealed-switch module for unsurpassed reliability and fingertip control of numerous machine functions. PowerShift™ torque-converter transmission on the 444K Loader employs Smart Shift technology to continuously evaluate speed and load conditions, and adjusts clutch-pack engagement to suit.
- Fluid-efficient EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV diesel engine delivers impressive torque to help maintain good boom and bucket speed in and out of the pile for heaped loads, even in wet or hard-packed material.
- Standard four-speed transmission adapts to changes in speed and load, for smooth shifting in all gears. Improves productivity and increases fuel efficiency, especially during stockpiling and ramp climbing.
- Optional axle cooling and filtration for increased durability in demanding conditions.
- Remote-start battery terminals improve remote starting ease.
- Optional right-side steps and platform provide easy access to the right side of the machine.
- Our FT4/Stage IV diesels meet emission regulations without sacrificing power or torque. We built on our Interim Tier 4 (IT4)/Stage IIIB solution to deliver the best combination of performance, efficiency, and reliability. This technology is simple, fluid efficient, fully integrated, and fully supported.
- It employs field-proven cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR), easy-to-maintain high-uptime exhaust filters, and selective catalytic reduction (SCR).
- Auto-idle applies the brakes and automatically reduces engine speed to help conserve fuel after an operator-determined period of inactivity. Auto shutdown turns off the engine after extended idleness.
- Quad-Cool places the radiator, air-conditioner condenser, intercooler, and hydraulic, transmission, and optional axle coolers in a unique boxed configuration that's isolated from engine heat. For increased efficiency and durability.
- Hydraulically driven fan runs only as needed for efficient cooling. Helps conserve precious fuel, too.
- Optional programmable fan automatically reverses at predetermined intervals, ejecting debris from the radiator and cooler cores. Or set your own cleaning cycles through the monitor.
- Engine/hydraulic match maintains good boom and bucket power into and out of the pile. For big loads, even in wet or packed materials.
- Responsive steering and full 80-deg. articulation increase maneuverability in tight quarters, for faster cycle times and fewer three-point turns.
- Hydraulic system provides only the power required, so there's no wasted horsepower or fuel.
- Embedded payload scale enables you to fill each truck to its legal limit for maximum productivity. It's available on all Z-Bar and High-Lift loaders.
- General-purpose or excavating buckets are available in pin-on or coupler configurations. Or opt for forks, depending on model.
Transmission and Axles:
- Auto-actuation travel speed is adjustable from 1.5 to 24.0 km/h (1.0 to 15.0 mph) in increments of 0.5 units. With ride control, the lift cylinders act as shock absorbers, cushioning bumps to allow these loaders to navigate rough ground more quickly without losing their loads.
- Smart Shift ensures that gear changes are smooth as silk, regardless of whether the bucket is empty or fully loaded.
- Programmable clutch cutoff increases productivity in all kinds of terrain. Simply select the slope of your dumpsite — level, small, or steep. Depressing the brake pedal disconnects the transmission while maintaining engine speed for fast boom cycles.
- Automatic differential lock engages as soon as a tire begins to slip. It's ideal for inexperienced operators or applications requiring high traction, such as stockpiling silage, plowing snow, and handling pipe.
- Optional spin control boosts productivity by improving traction in troublesome material or underfoot conditions. Reduces tire wear, fuel costs, and operator fatigue, too.