Serious productivity demands serious thinking. Many of the numerous improvements in the 724K came from the brightest minds in the industry — loader owners and users such as yourself. Armed with fresh insights from this Customer Advocate Group, we enlarged the cab, redesigned the cooling, enhanced the hydraulics, refined the ergonomics, and offered even more options. All with the goal of increasing productivity and uptime, while lowering daily operating costs. Owners, operators, and maintenance personnel will all benefit from the big ideas found in the 724K Loader.
- Final Tier 4 emission-certified engine
- Countershaft-type PowerShift™ transmission
- Z-Bar and High-Lift configurations
- Multi-function color LCD monitor
- Fluid-efficient John Deere PowerTech™ EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV diesels provide generous displacement, power, and lugging ability.
- PowerTech diesels maintain impressive torque reserves for great boom and bucket speeds in and out of the pile, delivering heaped loads — even in wet- or hard-packed material.
- Ash-service intervals for the diesel particulate filter (DPF) are condition based, so changing it may not be necessary until the first engine overhaul. Intervals can be extended further depending on application, regular maintenance practices, and the use of recommended fluids and lubricants.
- Auto-idle automatically reduces engine speed to help conserve fuel after an operator-determined period of inactivity. Auto shutdown turns off the engine after extended inactivity.
- Wet-sleeve engine liners provide uniform engine cooling for less oil breakdown and longer durability than cast-in-block designs.
- Excavator-style hydraulics sense the load to better deliver the flow needed for combined functions and fast work cycles.
- Color-coded fluid-sample and diagnostic test ports help speed preventive maintenance and troubleshooting. Noninvasive design helps keep out contaminants.
- The in-tank filter with large element traps that hold contamination allow for cleaner oil, a cleaner hydraulic system, and less maintenance. Service intervals are extended to 4,000 hours.
- Quad-Cool places the radiator, air conditioner, condenser, intercooler; and hydraulic, transmission, and standard axle coolers in a unique boxed configuration that's isolated from engine heat. Expect increased efficiency and durability. Three-mm side-shield perforations block most airborne debris. Unlike stacked coolers, Quad-Cool cores resist plugging and are easily accessible from either side for quick and easy cleanout.
- The hydraulically driven fan runs only as needed for efficient cooling. Helps conserve fuel, too.
- Optional programmable fan automatically reverses at predetermined intervals, ejecting debris from the radiator and cooler cores. Or choose your own cleaning cycles through the monitor.
- Standard five-speed transmission with lockup torque converter for gears 2–5 increases acceleration, speeds cycles, and optimizes power and fuel efficiency during transport, roading, and ramp climbing.
- Joystick F-N-R selector provides convenient direction and full-range gear changes, and includes an innovative Quick-Shift feature for pushbutton gear changes.
- Auto-actuation travel speed is adjustable from 1.5 to 24.0 kph (1.0 to 15.0 mph).With ride control, lift cylinders act as shock absorbers, cushioning bumps to allow navigation over rough ground quickly without losing material.
- Optional wheel-spin control boosts productivity by improving traction in troublesome underfoot conditions, reducing tire wear, fuel costs, and operator fatigue.
-Automatic differential lock engages as soon as a tire begins to slip. It's ideal for inexperienced operators or applications requiring high traction, such as stockpiling silage, plowing snow, and handling pipe.
- Inboard planetary final drives and self-adjusting wet-disc brakes are virtually maintenance-free.