Serious productivity demands serious thinking. Many of the numerous advantages of the 824K-II came from the brightest minds in the industry — our Customer Advocate Group. Armed with insights from loader owners and users like you, we equipped these productive material movers with larger new higher-capacity axles with standard axle cooling and filtration for heavy-duty maneuverability in the most demanding terrain. Self-adjusting wet-disc brakes for extended wear life and sure stops. Advanced onboard diagnostics with pushbutton customization of machine operation and response. All to help increase productivity and uptime, while lowering daily operating costs. Owners, operators, and maintenance personnel will benefit from the big ideas found in the 824K-II loaders.
- Final Tier 4 engine
- All-new heavier-duty axles
- Self-adjusting wet-disc brakes
- Advanced onboard diagnostics
-Load-sensing closed-center hydraulics deliver only the power required for smooth boom and bucket functions.
- The in-tank filter with large element traps that hold contamination allow for cleaner oil, a cleaner hydraulic system, and less maintenance. Service intervals are extended to 4,000 hours. The hydraulic filter is a common part for the 444K—844K Series II.
- Easily accessible hydraulic diagnostic ports enable quick pressure checks and minimize the possibility of introducing contaminants.
-The 744K-II—844K-II have two hydraulic pumps. The main hydraulic pump is mounted to the transmission and driven at engine speed. The hydraulic system is closed center and load sensing. All loaders utilize a variable-displacement axial-piston pump. A diagnostic quick-coupling is provided for testing load-sensing pressure.
- Our FT4/Stage IV diesels meet emission regulations without sacrificing power or torque. This technology is simple, fluid efficient, fully integrated, and fully supported. It employs field-proven cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR), easy- to maintain high-uptime exhaust filters, and selective catalytic reduction (SCR).
- Quad-Cool™ design places coolers in a unique boxed configuration that’s isolated from engine heat, for increased efficiency and durability. Hydraulic reversing fan (standard on the 844K-II, optional on the 824K-II and 744K-II) automatically reverses at predetermined intervals, or can be programmed through the monitor, to eject debris from the cores..
- Swing-out, hydraulically driven, proportional fan provides unmatched access and minimizes engine load and fuel consumption by turning only as fast as necessary..
- For heavy airborne-debris applications, the optional reversing fan back-blows the cooling system at 120-percent fan speed at programmable increments from 20–40 minutes to keep things running clean and cool. The operator can spend more time moving dirt and less time cleaning plugged coolers..
- You'll immediately notice smooth shifting in all gears. John Deere's Smart Shift technology adapts to speed and load for the industry's smoothest shifts. Transmission recalibrates to like-new shifting from the monitor..
- Optional 5-speed transmission with torque-converter lockup in gears 2–5 increases acceleration, speeds cycles, and optimizes power and fuel efficiency during transport, roading, and ramp climbing..
- Automatic torque-converter PowerShift™ transmission with adjustable clutch cutoff feature improves productivity.
Serviceability and Uptime:
- All daily service points, including fuel, are grouped on the left side for quick and convenient ground-level access. Sight gauges enable quick fluid-level checks.
- Under-hood light, see-through reservoirs, and sight gauges simplify coolant, hydraulic, and transmission fluid-level checks
- Sampling ports are color-coded for simplified service and easy to access for fast evacuation and fluid refills, resulting in increased uptime
- Vertical spin-on filters allow quick, no-spill changes. 500-, 2,000-, and 4,000-hour engine, transmission, and hydraulic oil-service intervals mean fewer breaks for scheduled downtime.