Whether your operators are jobsite veterans or just getting their boots dirty, the 644K Hybrid Loader will make them more productive and efficient. The hybrid-electric powertrain with reduced mechanical complexity delivers amazing responsiveness for efficient stockpiling, ramp climbing, and truck loading. And it consumes an average of 25% less fuel than our conventional 644K Loader with lockup torque converter.* The 644K Hybrid Loader — taking John Deere productivity, uptime, and low daily operating costs to the next level.
*Composite fuel consumption in internal tests across various stockpiling, truck loading, transport, and idle applications.
- Interim Tier 4-emission certified engine.
- Up to 25-percent composite fuel-consumption reduction.
- Brushless generator converts mechanical energy to electrical energy.
- Engine runs at constant rpm.
- EPA IT4/EU Stage IIIB 6.8-L diesel runs at a constant 900, 1,200, 1,500, or 1,800 rpm. Constant speed reduces engine wear, noise levels, and fuel consumption. Top speed provides maximum power and productivity, while the slower settings increase efficiency..
- 644K Hybrid delivers up to 25-percent better average fuel efficiency than its conventional IT4 counterpart with a lockup torque converter. In applications such as V-pattern truck loading, fuel savings will be even larger.
- Use your loader for a variety of work? Multiple engine rpm operating settings enable an operator to customize machine operation and response — helping deliver maximum productivity and efficiency, regardless of the task.
- The cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) technology is simple, fuel efficient, field proven, fully integrated, and fully supported. It features a diesel particulate filter (DPF) and diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) to reduce particulate matter (PM) and nitrogen oxides. The DPF traps particulate matter and ash. The DPF service interval is 5,000 hours..
- Hybrid-electric drive smoothly and efficiently recaptures energy to slow the loader when the operator lets off the accelerator. This lessens the load on the engine and reduces fuel consumption.
- Brushless generator provides electrical energy to the power electronics but can also be driven to use recycled energy to hydraulics and save fuel.
- Brushless motor replaces the job of the torque converter but can also work as a generator to recycle energy back into the system.
- The water-cooled power electronics delivers electrical energy to the motor based off of operator demand and controls the right amount of energy between the generator and motor.
- While only needed to consume excess recycled energy, the brake resistor will passively consume energy whenever the power electronics actively controls the circuit.
- Engine runs at a constant rpm, providing full hydraulic flow all the time, regardless of travel speed. So boom and bucket functions are always powerful, responsive, and quick.
- Excavator-style hydraulics sense the load and deliver the flow needed for smooth, combined functions and fast work cycles.
- The in-tank filter with large element traps that hold contamination allow for cleaner oil, a cleaner hydraulic system, and less maintenance. Service intervals are extended to 4,000 hours. The hydraulic filter is a common part for the 444K—844K.
- Easily accessible hydraulic diagnostic ports enable quick pressure checks and minimize the possibility of introducing contaminants.
- Z-Bar linkages provide high bucket breakout forces, good rollback to carry loads without spilling, and very solid stability. With pin-on attachment or attachment coupler. A Z-Bar loader with an attachment coupler adds versatility, reduces cost when used in a variety of applications, enables fast cycle times, and lowers operating weights..
- Parallel lift that's simply unparalleled. Our innovative design separates the bell crank from the cross tube, attaching instead to the loader frame via a Y-shaped link. This free-floating bell-crank design allows load forces to work with, not against, the boom for big breakout force, even in difficult digging. Impressive torque throughout the entire dump and rollback range enables these loaders to excel at a wide variety of material-handling tasks..
- Hi-vis and Worksite Pro™ couplers let you change attachments from the cab quickly and easily. Go from bucket to forks to whatever, and do more with one machine..
- High-Lifts provide high bucket breakout forces, good rollback to carry loads without spilling, and very solid stability with lighter materials. High-Lift is recommended for high-sided truck and hopper applications..