- John Deere PowerTech™ PSX 6135 13.5L (824 cu. in.) engine runs over an efficient speed-range band, lowering noise levels, improving fuel economy, providing consistent boom and bucket response, and reducing engine wear.
- The 944K Hybrid Wheel Loader can provide significant fuel savings over 9-yard3 (6.88 m3) loaders with conventional drivetrains.*
- John Deere fully integrated hybrid-electric drivetrain engineered for productivity and durability while delivering revolutionary efficiency.
- Individual oil-cooled, brushless, AC, electric wheel motors with standard traction control that significantly reduces tire wear and damage from spinning and slicing.
- Extended engine-only, powertrain, powertrain and hydraulics, and full-machine warranties available.
- PowerTech™ EPA Interim Tier 4 (IT4)/EU Stage IIIB engine coupled with a hybrid-electric drive delivers significant fuel savings over 9-yard3 (6.88 m3) loaders with conventional drivetrains.
- Hybrid-electric drive system is designed to be more dependable. Brushless A/C generators and motors, water-cooled brake resistors, and solid-state power electronics deliver reliable, long-term performance. Reduced engine-speed range increases wear life over conventional drives.
- Quad-Cool design places coolers in a boxed configuration that’s isolated from engine heat, for increased efficiency and durability. No other cooling system can come close to Quad-Cool’s resistance to plugging and ease of cleaning.
- Hybrid-electric drive recaptures energy while slowing the loader when the operator lets off the accelerator. This lessens the load on the engine, further reducing fuel consumption.
- Flow-sharing hydraulic system boasts the fastest cycle times and the quickest boom-raise time in the 944K’s size class, speeding short-pattern truck loading. Each boom and bucket function has its own hydraulic pump for quick, smooth operation, and faster truck loading.
- Rimpull control limits torque on the wheels in slick working conditions, preventing tire spin and slicing. Four settings can be incrementally selected through the sealed-switch module to optimize traction when crowding against a load.
- Engine runs at a choice of three constant operator-selected rpms, so boom and bucket functions are powerful, responsive, and quick, while optimum fuel efficiency is maintained. Reduces overall machine noise and operator fatigue.
- Strong pushing power and quick ramp-climbing ability make the 944K Hybrid an excellent choice for maintaining stockpiles and heaping hoppers in quarry operations and other production facilities.
- Front fender has been cut back to enable greater visibility to the front tire, so the operator can see when slippage occurs. Fender extensions are available.
- The 944K features traditional Z-Bar linkage with dual-slab boom and cylinders, providing unmatched visibility to the center of the spade-nose bucket when dumping rock into quarry trucks.
- Optional long boom adds 18 in. of pin height and an additional 8.5 in. of reach for loading 70-ton haul trucks.
- Available TK-Series Bucket Teeth are engineered to deliver maximum strength and impact absorption, for longer life. Hammerless changing ensures safer installation.