Field Service Technician
Martin Equipment, a John Deere construction and forestry equipment dealership, has an immediate need for a full-time, first shift Field Service Technician at our corporate location in Dubuque, IA. Hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm.
The purpose of this position is to repair, service and perform maintenance on heavy construction and forestry equipment.
The responsibilities of this position include the following:
•Repair, refurbish, and maintain rental and customer-owned equipment with minimal supervisory assistance.
•May seek assistance from the branch service manager or shop foreman on more complex or difficult repairs as needed.
•Travel to customer location is expected to repair / maintain equipment; work is generally not performed in the shop.
•Must be able to operate a company-owned field service truck, all equipment onboard the truck, and operate the customer equipment this is being repaired.
•Service customer equipment as required to avoid unnecessary repairs.
•Adhere to all government, company, and equipment vendor safety regulations, procedures, and policies.
•Wear proper PPE at all times.
•Perform safety inspections of equipment.
•Other tasks as assigned.
The qualifications and skills of this position include the following:
•Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
•Must be a team player, work hard, and be well organized.
•Should have five to seven years, or more, experience in repair and maintenance of hydraulic, AC and DC electrical equipment.
•Must hold a valid driver’s license, a CDL license, and have a good driving record.
•Should have basic data entry, computer, and office skills.
•Must have critical thinking skills, technical skills, and analytical skills.
•Should be able to lift 50 pounds or more, when needed.
•Must be able to work independently, and manage driving and repair time for maximum efficiency.
•Will be exposed to cold, heat, and noise.
•Must attend meetings as needed.
•Must attend trainings as needed.
•Must support company safety culture.
Newly hired employees are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 60 continuous days of employment.
•100% company-paid health insurance for employee and family.
•$40,000 company-paid life insurance and AD&D.
•Employee paid dental, vision, disability, and voluntary life insurance, and flexible spending account options available.
•pension available through the union, paid holidays and paid vacation.
CWP Territory Manager
Martin Equipment, a John Deere construction equipment dealership, has an immediate need for a full-time CWP (Commercial Worksite Products) Territory Manager at our Ashland, Missouri branch.
Purpose of this position is to sell, rent or lease all new and used John Deere CWP products, meet customer needs while growing market share, maintaining acceptable levels of gross profit, and reaching sales targets.
Responsibilities include the following: Quote and negotiate prices and credit terms, prepare contracts, record and close orders. Manage and maximize rental conversions. Grow and develop customer relationships and loyalty to increase market share while building long term relationships. Responsible for securing CWP business by demonstrating CWP products, assisting in technical presentations, offering consultative assistance in areas of machine specifications, attachments, etc. based on the customer and individual applications of machinery. Meet or exceed company targets for units, dollars, and gross profit. Manage designated territories and customers to maximize our presence on equipment purchases. Work with current and potential customers to provide solutions to their equipment needs. Attend training and meetings as required to stay up-to-date with equipment and deals.
Requirements include the following: High school diploma or GED preferred. College degree is a plus. Equipment sales experience preferred. 3-5 years of industry related experience is preferred. Proficient oral, written, and customer service skills, as well as basic computer skills. Strong customer service and customer relationship skills. Ability to work flexible hours if needed. Valid driver’s license required.
Martin Equipment offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package that includes 100% company paid health insurance, company paid life, employee paid dental, vision, disability, life insurance, paid holidays and a 401k retirement plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Accounts Receivable Associate
Accounts Receivable Associate
Martin Equipment is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as an Accounts Receivable Associate. This role requires working under minimal supervision and performing Accoiunts Receivable tasks including the daily deposit, posting to accounts, wire transfers, cash transfers, PowerPlan, and other Accounts Receivable functions; travel coordination; general office and administrative tasks.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and company procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
- Reconcile the accounts receivables to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Research discrepancies and resolve customer issues.
- Track and reconcile unapplied cash and research account credits.
- Assist with collection process.
- Daily deposit procedures.
- Apply payment to customer accounts daily.
- Assist during audits.
- Process monthly statements.
- Company-wide travel coordinator.
- Assist with marketing needs and materials.
- Maintain accounting business supplies as needed
- Participate in safety and other training as needed.
- Perform various administrative duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and the Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- A professional appearance and telephone manner is essential.
- Possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Great customer service skills are important and
- Ability to multi-task critical.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Must possess a great sense of urgency.
Education and Experience:
- Business school, Associate’s degree or equivalent is a plus.
- 1-3 years of related experience