- PA15B and PA30B have a higher-rated operating pressure and feature a larger and more durable motor-shaft seal than previous motors for those models.
- Integral motor and planetary gearbox housing brings the planetary gear set closer to the motor, increasing efficiency and decreasing component stress.
- Gearbox has an updated input shaft with a more sturdy design.
- Maximum torque rating for PA30B increased from 4,166 to 4,500 ft.-lb. and improved gear reduction. The number of planet gears in the PA30B gearbox increased from three to five.
- PA40 bit sizes include 4–36-inch HD, 9–24-inch HD difficult-ground,ß 18–36-inch tree and shrub, and 9- or 12-inch rock to match the application.
- These augers are optimized to work with John Deere skid steer loaders (SSLs), compact track loaders (CTLs), compact excavators (CEXs), and compact wheel loaders (CWLs). They’re also compatible with most competitive models.
*HD difficult-ground bits are designed for compacted soil, heavy clay, asphalt, frozen ground, and fractural rock; they incorporate a cast-tooth holder versus fabricated-metal mountings.